Last Updated: January 2, 2024
When you visit or use our Digital Properties, we may collect the following types of information:
- Personal information you choose to provide to us such as your name, mailing address, phone number, and email address. You may provide this information, for example, when you make requests for information or assistance or use our choice tools. We also may generate a “token” based on information you provide to operate certain of our Digital Properties.
- Technical information including, but not limited to, browser type, IP address, mobile device type and identifier, screen resolution, operating system, the date and time of a visit or use, the pages visited on this Site and areas accessed in the App and Extension, the time spent viewing the Digital Properties, and return visits to the Digital Properties.
- Aggregated information as you and others browse and use our Digital Properties.
- When you download, install and use the Extension we provide your preferences selected through our Digital Properties to the Extension in the form of a “string” that includes alphanumeric codes representing the timestamp of your choices, what those preferences are (e.g., opt-outs, category preferences, etc.), and an identifier associated with the companies for which you made choices (“Choice String”).
We may use the information we collect from you for purposes such as:
- To respond to your inquires and requests;
- To operate our Digital Properties and improve your experience;
- To identify or remediate possible threats to the Site’s security;
- To conduct research about your use of the Digital Properties and our services;
- To effectuate your choices and preference selections; and
- For any other purpose specified at time of collection.
Additionally, the Choice String is made available to participating companies either through the Extension or via direct integrations. In the case of direct integrations, the Choice String will also include an identifier (such as a Token, described herein). Participating companies use the Choice String to recognize and apply those choices and preferences within their own systems where relevant. We also use the information to provide the Extension and the direct integration service, enhance our Digital Properties’ features, maintain security, for research and product development purposes, and any other purpose identified at the time of collection.
Through some of our Digital Properties, you are able to request choices and preferences with respect to certain data practices of companies participating in the tools we provide. When you request choices or preferences, we may share some information collected from you, your computer, or your mobile device with these companies so that they may honor your requests concerning their data collection and use practices. Additionally, we may share information with service providers who may assist us in responding to your inquiries or requests, or otherwise perform some business or operational function for us. To operate the DAA’s Token Tool, we share the identifier you provide to us with third-party verification partners to communicate with you, verify your requests and operate that tool. We also share the token generated by the DAA’s Token Tool with the participating companies to provide your requests with them. We may also disclose personal information about you if required to do so by law, including without limitation, by search warrant, subpoena or court order; to protect our and third party rights; and for purposes disclosed at time of collection.
The Extension provides access to the information stored within it to any entity able to access the extension, including websites, third parties, and anyone with access to your browser. This access is provided to allow you to review your preferences, and for companies to access those choices and preferences in order to operationalize them within their systems.
- RETENTION OF INFORMATION
We retain the email addresses, phone numbers, and other identifiers you provide through the DAA’s Token Tool for 31 days. Other information is retained as long as it is necessary for our operational purposes.
The Extension retains the information stored within it for as long as you keep those preferences and do not delete the Extension from your browser to help companies honor your requests for choices and preferences. If the Extension is deleted/removed from your browser, companies without a direct integration with DAA will not be able to read your choice and preference requests. If you reinstall the Extension more than 7 days after the time you made choices with the DAA tools, you must use the DAA tools again to repopulate your choices and preference request.
We take reasonable measures to help maintain data we collect through our Digital Properties in a secure manner.